Monday, July 18, 2011

Um Qais & Jerash

Although I believe that most of these images are quite explanatory and do not require, some commentary will explain some trends.



This was my first outing in which I wanted unfocused images. This image represents memories. My memories are typically faded and do not maintain the vibrancy and zest of reality.

The trees in the above images overlook the Sea of Galilee and the city of Tiberias. My eldest uncle was born in Tiberias and I can't help but think of what was lost when I peer out into the horizon and see this quaint city hugging the Sea of Galilee.


By the end of the trip, I was dubbed the lizard oracle because I spotted five million. Each time I see a lizard in a historical site, I think of my trip to Ajloun when I was 8 years old. During this visit, my cousin chased and successfully smashed a lizard with her shoe. These pictures are a tribute to her and that memory.
A small military post overlooking the Sea of Galilee

The sweet sound of bagpipes is the pride and joy of Jordanian music.


No comments:

Post a Comment