Friday, December 17, 2010

Adhan that takes me back to Jordan

I was just purusing through some adhans looking for one that sounded incredible when I cam across this one... Obviously there is come echoing and the sound quality is slightly muffled, but what it communicates to me is far more than the actual quality of this piece. When I heard it, this adhan immediately took me back to our small balcony connected to the kitchen at Teta Mahasen's house. I thought of the hot air enveloping my face as the sun went down and at last, we were able to break the fast. I thought of how delicious the food smelled and how peaceful the world seemed. That was one of those moments when everything seemed right. I miss that time, but I know things will feel right again someday soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NktdMaFKhsU&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment